BE YOU. BE UNIQUE.
How do you know if you are people pleasing or not?
My whole life I spent fitting into societies mold and feeling a sense of ‘lack’ because I was not shaped in what I perceived to be the perfect mold.
- I came from a divorced family.
- I went to a public school.
- My mum was a spiritual woo woo mum.
- I didn’t have a wide circle of lifelong friends.
- I didn’t go to the best universities.
I cared so much about what other people thought and I was sure that I wasn’t good enough or smart enough.
So when I found network marketing my family and friends started to voice their thoughts.
- I was in a cult.
- Dumb enough to get into a pyramid scheme.
- I should go back to teaching, an honorable profession.
- I would never succeed.
It Can Be Painful To Stop People Pleasing
People I loved started to distance themselves from me, waiting for me realise all of the above. They were so opinionated on what I was doing, treating me like I was naïve or worse, a bad person trying to take advantage of innocent people.
To me I was working from home around my children, being a positive role model to my children, helping women, helping society, connecting with other mums and bringing hope and happiness into their lives, and earning some extra income doing it.
I Needed Something Like This
But I needed something like this. Something people would be outright opinionated about, to help me to stop people pleasing, like I had been doing my whole life. Something that would make me realise there are a lot of people out there passing opinions on things they know nothing about. And when it is people you love, it hurts when they judge you.
This hurt I went through helped me to realise it doesn’t matter what people think of me. It only matters what I think of me.
When you know what you are doing and why, and you have honorable intentions, then nothing else matters.
I know without a doubt that I needed this experience to step into my power and purpose without apology, because I have some against the grain ideas that I am here to express. I am here to be the light and see the light in others.
People will always have an opinion when you step into your greatness. And I can’t let this stop me. And neither should you.
Ask Yourself These Questions
- What ways have you been hiding your power and passion from others?
- What parts of yourself are you hiding and from who?
- What is the worst that could happen when and if you stepped into your greatness?
- Who are the people you can be your true self around? Tip: Spend more time with these people.